Regulatory changes support studying in Perth
Recent announcements now allow international students improved access to points tested visas to study in Perth.
Learn why Perth is the smartest investment decision
The Australian international education industry generated $32.4B in 2018,
up 15% from 2017.
The City of Perth is the core of the education industry for Western Australia. Millions of dollars in private and public education infrastructure has resulted in the highest number of education and training businesses per km2 in Western Australia, providing direct access to a critical mass of students and the workforce of the future.
Perth’s first City deal will see a major university campus within the CBD.
Every 4 international students in Western Australia:
• Generates $152,000 of income for the economy
• Creates one FTE job
• Attract 8* visiting friends and relatives
• Who spend approximately $26,500
Add to the developing Student Experience
Perth’s recent completion of key education developments can currently benefit from complementary services or ventures that utilise a critical mass of students.
Student Accommodation Opportunities
Perth in 2019 welcomed approx. 1,300 new purpose-built student accommodation beds, creating new options for students wishing to locate within the heart of the city of Perth’s nightlife and cultural scene within the Stirling Street precinct.
With an additional 2,150 beds in the pipeline, the city is poised for substantial investment and additional education infrastructure as these developments take full advantage of being early investors in a growing new asset class for the city.
The City has identified opportunities to take advantage of this rapidly growing industry and are able to facilitate introductions to current developments seeking partnership or tenancy opportunities.
We are here to support you and your business
The unprecedented levels of public and private investment have fuelled dramatic changes in Perth and there is no better time to establish or relocate your business here.
If you would like to find out more about how the City of Perth can assist you and your business, please contact us.
The Economic Development Team can provide the following services:
- Guidance – Informing prospective operators about Perth.
- Investment facilitation - Assisting investors to find suitable products in Perth.
- A coordinated approach – Assisting prospective operators to navigate their way through government and guidance for the approvals process.
- Making connections – Facilitating introductions to industry leads.
- Funding – Grants and sponsorships are available.
- Contact the City of Perth to make enquiries: email@example.com