Perth Tech Companies
"Perth is the home of tomorrow's technology with a rich network of industry-aligned universities and specialised research facilities delivering excellence in automation, analytics, remote operations and frontier technologies set to benefit Australia and the world"
Technology and Digital Start ups
Meet the Investor - NEXTDC
The new data centre will:
- offer the highest security rating possible and a "Gold Certification" from the Uptime Institute for operational sustainability;
- provide an energy efficiency level that has never been achieved in Australia before; and
- connect seamlessly to the existing NEXTDC footprint, ensuring clients can benefit from locating data in the City of Perth.
The new NEXTDC data centre will also be the first of its type in Australia to directly connect to the new 40 terabytes per second "Indigo" subsea data cable between Singapore, Perth and the eastern states of Australia.
The Indigo data cable will provide:
- a new direct route for data between Perth and the global internet network;
- a new route for Australian data through Perth; and
- super-fast internet speeds and minimal data latency (delay) levels setting new benchmarks for performance in Australia.
What is the significance of NEXTDC’s new data centre development for the WA Economy?
Why have NEXTDC investment in building a new data centre in Perth?
How will the NEXTDC development improve accessibility and performance of internet applications?
How will NEXTDC’s new P2 development contribute to the growth of the digital economy?
Why are data centres important for the growth of local economies?
How do data centres encourage collaboration and build ecosystems?
How would you promote Perth as a place to live and work in Australia?
Where does the “cloud” live?
How does NEXTDC power it’s data centres?
Why engage with the City of Perth?
Watch the full video of the City of Perth’s interview with Craig. (10.17mins)
We are here to support you and your business
The unprecedented levels of public and private investment have fuelled dramatic changes in Perth and there is no better time to establish or relocate your business here.
If you would like to find out more about how the City of Perth can assist you and your business, please contact us.
The Economic Development Team can provide the following services:
- Guidance – Informing prospective operators about Perth.
- Investment facilitation - Assisting investors to find suitable products in Perth.
- A coordinated approach – Assisting prospective operators to navigate their way through government and guidance for the approvals process.
- Making connections – Facilitating introductions to industry leads.
- Funding – Grants and sponsorships are available.
- Contact the City of Perth to make enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
The great thing about the Perth environment is you can build your company here, and remain here while being able to reach a global market.
CEO & Founder, Moneycatcha
The reason we located these businesses in Perth in the city, is because we get easy access to customers and all the infrastructure we need.
Executive Director, Atomic Sky